Leveraging the most from technology
Increasingly workplaces are changing and responding to technological change. Carrington Day is in the people business, but its experience in the rapidly developing companies in China has brought IT partners with whom Carrington Day works to provide integrated people and technology solutions.
What are the main factors affecting information technology (IT) and human resources (HR) in large, multi-national companies?
There are several main factors, including:
- Globalization: The increasing globalization of businesses requires IT and HR to be able to effectively manage and communicate with employees and stakeholders in different countries and time zones.
- Talent acquisition and retention: Attracting and retaining top talent is critical in a highly competitive global market, and IT and HR must work together to develop effective recruitment and retention strategies.
- Data privacy and security: The increased use of digital technology has raised concerns about data privacy and security, and companies must ensure that their IT and HR systems are secure and comply with relevant laws and regulations.
- Technological advancements: Rapid advancements in technology are transforming the way that businesses operate, and IT and HR must be able to adapt to new technologies and integrate them into their operations.
- Workforce diversity and inclusion: Companies are striving to create more diverse and inclusive workforces, and IT and HR must work together to develop policies and practices that support diversity and inclusion.
- Employee engagement and development: Engaging and developing employees is crucial for maintaining a high-performing workforce, and IT and HR must collaborate to create programs and initiatives that support employee engagement and development.
- Cost management: Managing costs is a major challenge for large, multi-national companies, and IT and HR must work together to identify and implement cost-saving strategies.
In conclusion, the main factors affecting IT and HR in large, multi-national companies include globalization, talent acquisition and retention, data privacy and security, technological advancements, workforce diversity and inclusion, employee engagement and development, and cost management. Effective collaboration between IT and HR is essential to addressing these challenges and supporting the success of the business.